From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:16:07 -0600
This is Susie Lee writing from occasionally sunny Pensacola for the
Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc.

and here's all the news for the Sanctuary for January, 2005; On Jan 12th,
Mr. Buckaroo Babyface Ferret had a chordoma removed from his tail's tip
and when he returned from his surgery his little wife, Mrs. Phyllis The
Fair Babyface fussed over her gentlemanly husband-ferret and showed us
how nuzzling makes a mend go faster.

Jan. 13th, we aquired 2 year old Rebel Carouser Ferret who cut a
play-swath through the older-ferret playtime establishment, here.  We
sincerely hope he gets adopted, soon, as several complaints have come in
from Bandit Waggy-Tail Ferret, Sebastian Possum-Face Ferret and Socrates
Roan Ferret that this furkid's moniker ought to have had something more
along the lines of his Tasmanian devilish style in it.  We will have a
picture of him as soon as he slows down just enough for the shutter to
catch him (hah!).  For the curious, he looks like Sebastian, only about
half Sebastian's size with six times the energy.  Jan. 14th, Angel
Bumpkin Ferret got a Lupron shot at her vet's for adrenal cancer symptoms
and at this date (Jan. 29) is already showing very good improvement.  On
Jan. 17th we had several volunteers come to help with the general care
and cage-cleanings and one of these fine young adults adopted Cassidy
Rabbit and Linus Rabbit.  later, that same day, we recieved new intakes,
CiCi Demitasse Ferret and Roger B. Siamese Ferret, she's four years,
he's two years and has enough energy to give the little Rebel Carouser a
good wrasslin', evincing a sigh of relief from the aforementioned ferrety
complainants.  Jan. 20th, we recieved little single-ferret Richelle
Golden Panda Ferret, who currently has an adoptive person who is coming
in several times a week to get her new fur-kid accustomed to her next
human while preparing her home-to-be for a soon-to-be-thoroughly-spoiled
Richelle.

And then, somewhere in the murky mid-twenties of the month, co-director
Susie Lee developed a sudden illness which scared the stuffins out of her
and caused the other co-director to smash the panic button through the
floor and past the sub-basement.  Luckily, with prompt (non-veterinary)
medical treatment she has effected a fast recovery (diagnosed as possible
ulcerative colitis, cessation of all prescribed meds and a very bland
diet, plus some reiki healing from a friend of the Sanctuary, which
worked right well, I can now testify!).  So we have had to send out the
advisement that our hands are *off* the panic-button and we're good as
ever, folks.  In fact, the originally smashed panic button is being
excavated and re-furbished for the next eventual care-person crisis,
and we each want to THANK EVERYONE for your concerned responses and for
"being there".

And so we come to little Sandy LeQuick Ferret, whose "before-and-after"
photos are on the web-page from the second time she'd had her Lupron
shot for adrenal cancer symptoms.  Sandy LeQuick Ferret was purchased
from a now-defunct (and very poorly run and managed) privately run pet
store back in 1998, as a then six-month old.  She was adopted out as a
two-year-old and returned to us with her first bout of adrenal cancer
symptoms when Lupron was new and even "iffy" as a treatment.  Yet Sandy
LeQuick responded supremely well to each of her three Lupron shots over
the course of four years, making a complete and spectacular recovery each
time.  She has lived far longer on the Lupron treatments for her adrenal
cancer than any other ferret who's been and gone from this facility.  And
on Jan. 27th she went to sleep and didn't waken.  At nearly eight years
of age, Sandy LeQuick Ferret has gone gently in the arms of her angels
to be with her brother, Spanky LeBeau Ferret and her best friend, Harley
Davidson Ferret, away into the brightly green Ferret's Summerlands.