From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 22:40:31 EDT
Stay tuned, my dear friends, for you're about to receive a letter from Paw
Paw and a lecture on the temptations of John Barleycorn and the temptations
of Eve... (With aplologies to the Hombres - if you rembember them, you are
an old fert like me.)

NOT!!! Would you settle for a letter from Paw Paw?

How ya'll are?  Don't I glad to hear from you?  I guaaaraaanteee!!  Aieeee!!
(Dangit!  I wish I really was a Cajun.  The closest I can come is the fact
that a Frenchman, from France, married my Cherokee great grandmother.  Oh
well, at least I'm a true mongrel.)

There are several things on my wee brain tonight and, If I can remember them
long enough to get them tippled (sorry, I mean typed), I will tell you about
them.

Dagnabit, Lucy!  I am diametrically opposed to your theories that modern man
arose from the inbreeding of primitive apes with your dang lion.  Tell Aslan
to go back to where he came from and not to return until he means business.

Say what, Mee Maw? Wrong list again? Oh yes. Where was I??

Seriously, folks; thanks for putting up with my silliness.  It really is
hard for a writer to simmer down after a hard two hours of writing and try
to make sense about important things.  I finally finished my prologue to the
book that is already half-way wriiten, sent it out for comment and hid under
the bed.  Guess what?  Folks really like it.  I just be go to Heck!  Stay
tuned to the bookstore nearest you.

Turning now to FERRETS (put that in CAPS so BIG wouldn't reject this post
after reading only the first few paragraphs), I am flipping and rejoicing
about several things.

Foggy and Dayna: Hang in there, little dude.  You are in good hands.  Many
much thanks to Dayna for making the rest of your life possible.  I must
admit that Dayna wrote some very strange letters a few days ago.  I'm
chalking it up to exhaustion.  She has shared some of the stories she has
written with me.  She is a very talented writer and great lover of all
critters.  She deserves all the love and support that we can give her.

Speaking of great hearts and wonderul ladies, my thoughts now turn to
Kelleen Andrews of FANG.  Her efforts on the behalf of our fert-buddies are
tireless and often without reward - other than the wonderful feeling it
gives her to do this, oftentimes, unrewarded work of love.  I am proud to be
a member of FANG.  I really wish I could do more.  I encourage everyone to
support FANG in any way they can.  Send them a donation or, at least, order
more tee-shirts than really you need.  BTW, I like Ela's suggestion of
putting the FML logo on the back.  Joy to the world!

Speaking, again, of wonderful young ladies, I must tell you about a very
special woman whom I have met on the FML through her loving mother.  Her
name is Mindy.  She suffered a regettable accident at the moment of her
birth.  Many cruel persons would look down upon her because she is not
quite the same as the rest of us.  To anyone who might feel the least bit
of discomfort in accepting and loving such a person, I say, "Get thee
behind me, Satan.  I will have no part of you.  "

I am looking forward to receiving my first letter from her very soon.  It
may take her awhile to write it but I am very patient man where love is
concerned.  I know that some of you 'college kids' are thinking, "What is
the Old Fool rambling on about now?" Trust me.  You will understand
someday.  I pray that it does not take you as long as it took me.
Someday, you will understand.

Please don't ask me for any further details about Mindy.  She loves her
parents and she loves her ferrets very much.  You may write to her in care
of me if you wish.  I will be honored to forward any letters to her.
Innocence is a true treasure.  It is a very difficult thing to find these
days.  Think about it....

Guess I'll have to tell the story about Tater & Odie getting locked into Mee
Maw's secret drawer next time.  Guess I'll also have to postpone the telling
of their first experience with flea powder.  Yes, I brang the danged insects
home.  My white surgical stockings were black with the dreaded critters
after I made a service call at a lady's house who 'owned' 15 dawgs.

Sorry that I got 'preachy' again. Guess it's just in my blood.

Many much loves,

Paw Paw