From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 16:16:25 -0500
Nancy,

If anyone from Pet Pals reads this, what do you use at the shelter?  (Graham

is a sable male ~2-3 years old that was found on Graham road.  Adopted at

the LOS show.)

Hi - I log on as STAR* Ferrets.......  this is Pam of Pet Pals

My suggestion is to start with a litter change - I have heard of ferrets
having a problem with scented litters and clumping litters (allregic
reaction, drying skin, etc.).  We use Scamp litter here, and feed Totally
Ferret, Iams, etc (your diet sounds fine).  also, I do not use dryer sheets
with my ferret laundry, though I change detergents all the time.

Give this a shot.  You might also want to bathe him in Peppermint Castile
Soap/shampoo from the health food store.  Have you used a cream rinse on him
after bathing?  How often are you bathing him????

Many times ferret have skin irritations during the winter because of dry
heat.  this may cause his skin to itch and he relieves himself by chewing
off the fur.

give the above suggestions a try and let me know what happens.