From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:50:46 -0400
Dear Kim
When I took my 4 ferrets for their vet visit, the Vet gave me their
heartworm medication, better be safe than sorry, she said, even though they
do not go outdoors, there are enough pills for each ferret to give them 1
pill a month for each.

Yes, they get hair balls, and I use the hairball remedy as well, again,
better safe than sorry!

I used Totally Ferret, and loved it, for it seemed to be well liked by all
the ferrets, but Marshal Farms I can buy in bulk at the pet store at $2.98 a
lb. and it smells worse than the litter box on a hot humid day LOL.  And
the girl at the pet store said that Totally Ferret is good for their shine
of their coats.  We're going to the Lancing Ferret show in November and will
be checking out more brands of ferret foods.  We try to keep them on
recommended foods.  Someone I know feeds their ferrets 8 n 1 I think its
called, and it has rasin juice in it, and they said their ferret loves it.
Maybe I will try that next time.

Good luck, Marti