From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:37:16 -0700
This hasn't been a good time lately... I would have said day but realized
that it's been more than a day that has been bad...

Well lets see... I'll start with Luke......

After checking him over she figured out that his problem is an ear
infection and ear mites.  She gave him drops in his ears.  Most likely
he has helicobacter too so still treating for it.  He seemed to better
at the vets but last night was back to laying around... so keeping my
fingers crossed..

Drake... not so good.... he crashed while at the vets... nailed her too
with throw up!  Then again he nailed everything!  They ran a full cat
scan to see what they could find.  His head appears ok (though still
could have neurological problems... just means no tumor showing).  But
his tummy has what appears to be a tumor.  And the walls are thick.
Operating is not advisable.  He also has fluid in his lungs.  So,
treatment... up the pred, start on lasiks.  Keep as comfie as we can.
If he continues to crash daily or every other day I will help him pass
peacefully.  Then we will open him up to see what was going on and why
this happened.

I am ok... I knew what was going to happen with Drake... though not happy
with it... at least the vet said that his new spasms are not painful.

I got to talk to Mary, Pet and Angie online last night and I got my video
camera at home to work as a webcam and they were all looking at the kids!
It was pretty cool!

Then Shawn came home and we were up until 1 am.  Apparently someone
dumped a bunch of ammonia in the kitchen where he works (at the prison as
an officer) and he is allergic to it.  So after clearing the inmates that
were cleaning out... he called for back up before he passed out.  They
got him over to medical where he spent about 2 hours.  They had to call
the warden and everything.  Poor guy.  Anyways he came home and we stayed
up talking to make sure he was ok.  Which he is.

What an exciting night.

Well today we get a call from the lady that adopted Jenny about a week
ago.  She got out on Monday.  Someone apparently saw her (Jenny) and as
she approached them he hit her with a newspaper... she went back towards
him and swatted at her with his umbrella... luckily missing her.  The
owners have two other ferrets at home that are safe and sound... Jenny
got out with the pizza man showed up.

I went this afternoon during my lunch break (need to lose weight anyways)
and tried searching... couldn't find her... I will go back this evening
with a live trap and also go door to door searching... and praying....
Jenny is VERY friendly so could easily be with someone and I am hoping
that is the case.

My heart is braking with so much going on here... forgive me if I do not
respond to emails.

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"