From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 00:26:13 -0500
Hi To All You Loving Ferret Families Here On The FML,

I'm newer here to the group never posted before, just read all your
wonderful advice. I'm owned by 2 adorable fuzzes I adopted out of a
rescue organization that was housing them in a 55 gal fish tank poor
babies were so overly fat from having noting to do but eat and sleep
they had no room to move. Well how they have their own room and thanks
to ferret.com a new ferret nation cage and the 11 panel playpen so if
they want to come into to the living room to play. The whole house is
not ferret proof so we do have to have playpen time if out of their
bedroom. I'm very happy I decided to adopt them they have brought so
much joy to my life. All though we do have our days and there is never
a day goes by they don't have some kinda trouble brewing in their sweet
head. It is fun to watch what all they can get into.

I was looking on Craigslist for a pet carrier so when we go to visit
someone we don't need to use the cardboard box carrier given us at the
rescue center. I came across this ad and it just breaks my heart to
think this poor boy is in need of a home. I e-mailed his mom and she
has lost her job and can't even afford to buy his food witch is
Wal-marts cheap crap. Sad also a ferret in his condition need a much
better diet of ferret food and a couple warm bowls of turkey soup a
day. What I like to find out is ferret medical treatment improve each
day. Who here in the family has a ferret with this illness and what are
some of the more advance treatments, diets, or any other care should be
taken to give this boy a better life. Not saying I'm the best mom for
him believe me I'm not but no one else seem to want him and his mom now
can't care for him any longer. She is asking the $10.00 so she can get
gas in her car to look for work. I admire his mom for she realized she
could not care for him she looked for someone that would.

Another thing is my bank account is not looking all that great right
now so if it came to I can't afford to keep helping him is that anyone
here that can take over and give him the care he will need throughout
the remained of his time. I'm hoping his hair and weight loss is poor
food and not something more serious. I know of a great vet he does all
kinda of exotics he use to work for a zoo and has been super caring for
my kids. I will take him in next week for a complete work up and see
what they say hopefully they will say he is going to be OK for a while.

One other thing I have lots of dark meat from the Christmas turkey left
over my 2 legged ferret doesn't like the dark meat any good 4 legged
ferret soup recipe you can send me would be greatly appreciated.

Oh by the way I did find the carrier I was looking for. I look forward
to reading what you send my in way to help my new 2012 kid.

Here is a copy of the Craigslist ad.

Able is a Male ferret, with cage and hammock. He is about 6 years old.
He has. This is NOT CONTAGIOUS. He has been a great addition to my
family for a long time now, and still has a few years.

I want him to go to a calm family. He needs the special kitty kitten
formula. This is the best food you can buy at a local store for him -
AVOID foods for ferrets. they really aren't that good for them.

Due to his condition, he has lost a great deal of his hair. i assure
you he does not have adrenal disease. and he is a little underweight,
but he does have an appetite, and loves to explore.

I am asking only ten dollars as a rehoming fee, to assure he goes to
a good home.

please email for any questions!

[SY]