From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:41:57 -0500
>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mo' Bob and his Buddy

Sorry about Buddy's adrenal problem.  If you could see Mortimer's gorgeous
coat of fur and all the weight he's gaining every day, I think it would make
you feel better about Buddy's prognosis.  Poor Morty was only a shadow of
his former self until his surgery.

>Oh, Catherine, Liz is such a sweet person!  And she is cute, even when her
>face is covered with greasy midden, like it was all summer.  (And she is so
>very easy to pull pranks on.  Just say "clovis point" and watch her face!

Hehe.  I haven't really seen this side of her.  I must say I think the
laughter, the midden, and about a hundred chocolate chip cookies would do
her a world of good.

>8-) Tell her Joe said, "Hi!") But don't believe *anything* she says about
>me.  I am *NOT* that handsome, smart or sexy!  Or short ;-) Besides, I'm
>*infamous* (not famous).

Darn.  And I just said to my husband, "I know where there's a man who is
handsome, smart, sexy, has 18 ferrets and FOUR teenagers, and I'm gonna go
make him mine!" Guess I gotta eat crow now.

Lost track of who wrote this:

>You really do have to figure out why the ferret is biting, and act
>accordingly.  I've seen the same types Trish described (untrained or fear
>biters or bite in fun biters).

What do you call a ferret that bites strangers prophylactically, seems to
have no fear of us, but still chomps our noses hard every chance she gets?
Is this for fun, for fear, or untrained, or...nuts?

and this:

>One member in our rescue had their own ferret received this shot and the
>following happened: the ferret became lethargic,(acted as if in a daze)
>gained 1.3 pounds, and its entire personality seemed to be supressed for
>approx. 6 weeks.

Funny, this is the same effect it had on me.  Except, make that 13.0 pounds.
Blech.  I think there have also been some experiments on male criminals to
see if Depo Provera would chill them out.  My feeling is that if you don't
fix the underlying problem, you haven't fixed anything.  I've never heard of
Depo-provera being linked to brain cancer.  It sounds like one of those
ubiquitous unfounded rumors that surround most new drugs.

-Catherine