Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:16:35 -0500
Thanks to all who wrote with tips on defying the Obnoxious Little Snot's
plant fetish.  I chose the only true form of ferret proofing- I moved the
*!!@#$@& plant outdoors!!  Apparently I'm going to have to move all the
books in the house outside as well, because OLS's brother Ringo is
currently shoving them all off the shelves to the floor while OLS watches
serenely from afar.

And Lynda, I don't trust any of them for an instant.  The angel status
varies wildly from nanosecond to nanosecond.  Sweet, adorable little baby
one moment, raging tornado hellion of mass destruction the next.  (If we
could harness the wonder twin power there, we'd have no need for OPEC and
gas prices wouldn't be through the roof right now.  Go Weasel Power!!!)
Like most wonder weenie parents, I have developed a sixth sense for odd
ferret noises, or more accurately, the absence of weird ferret noises.
Bear (aka Obnoxious Little Snot) is up to his worst when he's very, very
quiet.  The deepest quiet is often followed by the loudest of crashes and
a very guilty look on one little white fuzzie face.

Just as a side note- Bear was my first shelter weasel.  Judy Wallace at
Cloud Nine Ferrets facilitated his arrival in my home a little over a year
ago.  I can't believe it's only been a year.  It seems like his little
dancin' self has been with me forever!  He is such a beautiful little DEW
with true silver tendencies (when he's not covered with mud).  What a
blessing, even when he's being an OLS!  He makes me laugh harder than any
other ferret ever has (mainly as I rescue him from his predicaments!).
The girls at work ask for "Bear stories" every morning and there is sure to
be one.  You just have to wonder what his first owner was thinking to have
given him up?!  Look at all the laughter they have missed out on and the
exquisite joy I have had the blessing to benefit from.  It was such a
positive experience that I added two more from that very same shelter this
past January!  So thanks to Judy and Mark at Cloud Nine for Bear, Ringo and
Jeffry and my house full of joy and chaos!  My cup runneth over (and not
just because someone stood on its edge).

Anne
Miesa, Joe, Bear, Ringo and Jeffry