From:
Arthur Grondine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 1994 22:42:28 -0500
Greetings,

     I'm happy to report that Guy is recovering very well, after
a minor setback.  I picked him up last wed. and had to bring him
back into the vet on friday because he was wheezing..which actually sounded
more like a growl.  It was a very deep gurgaling <sp?> sound which
you could feel through his body!  They kept him over night and changed
his antibiotic to Tril <sp?>. It is a pink liquid that has a very
sweet sticky smell to it.  Anyhow, Guy is running around and back to his old
climbing up on the bed tricks!  It is amazing how fast the incision heels.
The results of the biopsy are as follows: A bit a fatty cells were found on the
liver. (This is believed to be the result of the prednisoline)
The bump that was taken from the pancreas was an insulin tumor.  Guy
has too many to remove surgically, so we will treat him with
prednisoline and Karo syrup.  I believe at some point I will have to
switch him over to the $60 a month drug (I can't remeber these crazy names!)
due to the effects of prolonged use of the pred.  And of course we
had the spleen removed.  The adrenal glands were not biopsied <sp?> as
they appeared fine.
  At this point I would like to thank Dr. Williams for his advice and
recommend the Connecticut veterinary Center to anyone who has a problem with
their ferret in the central to northern central Ct.  Dr. Dew performed the
surgery and was very good to speak with.  He as capable of speaking
in laymans talk.

Well, I shall babble no more ....

-=> Art the Human & Guy The Ferret