From:
Heidi Lepak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:58:43 -0400
I'm sorry that you made a mistake when purchasing your ferrets.  They are
only 2 months old though, have you really given yourself and them a chance?
You say you've only had them for a month, heavens that don't even know you
yet.  Plus if you have had them in a cage most of the time, you won't get a
chance to know them either.

If you need to find them a loving home, with a ferret lover, your price is
extremely high.  People who love ferrets, many times have quite a few, just
for the same reason.....people make a mistake and then don't want them
anymore.  But consequently the cost of having many ferrets gets high,
especially with all the proper medical treatment that they need.

Unfortunately I live in Florida or would gladly take your little two and
give them a great and loving home.  I recently adopted 2 little girls that
were in the same situation.  Plus the owners were trying to recoup their
expenses.  I explained that they had made a mistake and what they should be
looking for is someone who will love and care for their babies.  And I for
one could not afford the expense.  Once they saw how I just picked up "the
nippers" and loved them and cuddled with them and how they did not nip me,
they relented and asked me to please just take them and give them a good
home.

That is what I think you should do.  Find someone who will love them, and
chalk up your "expense" as a learning error.  Good luck finding a good home
for them.

And before getting another "cute" pet, make sure that you do a lot of
reading first.  Ferrets and other exotics are not for everyone.  I guess
that could go for all types of pets, not only exotics.

Home Page updated  Aug. 1, 2000
Come see Rocki & Silveretta
www.geocities.com/huronna