From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:39:07 -0700
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Eyes just opened:sick  MF fert cannot walk: meet Sunny
>Marshall Farms has done it again.

Be sure before you accuse.

>The stores are getting ferts so small their eyes are not opened yet.  How
>old is that??  3, 4, or 5 weeks old??

Ferrets open their eyes during the fifth week.  Not before that.  Some are
still in "pop eye" stage until the end of the fifth week.

Are you sure there isn't an eye infection?  They are way too common in
ferret kits especially at 5 to 8 weeks old and when they get them their
eyes can remain closed.

>Ferrets are purchased for about $20 by store.

Not from Marshall Farms.  That amount is most certainly incorrect for
Marshall ferrets.  The price is about 4 times that.  Heard the higher
numbers from too many places to believe your $20.

We've already contacted Marshall Farms and received a response.  If you
provide the name of the store they will check their records.  Perhaps
that store buys from someone other than Marshall Farms are from more than
one source.

Be very sure that you are correct before you make such harsh accusations.
We strongly doubt you have the full and correct story.

bill and diane
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets