From:
Sandra Stockmal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:38:38 PDT
I have always let my two ferrets Pumpkin, a blaze and Buddy, a cinnamon
panda) free roam.  When we started out with Pumpkin she was in the bathroom
when sleeping and free roam when we were home.  She graduated to the
bedroom and bathroom by the time Buddy arrived she had full run of the
house.  We would corral them at night to sleep in the bedroom but after the
scratching at the door was to much to take at four in the morning we let
them have full free roam.  Be cautious when allowing full run of the house.
You always need to watch out for the front door.  For pooping the best idea
so far is newspaper inside a low cardboard box, really low like for a case
of soda.  But when the fuzzies have free roam you always need to know what
they can get into.  Buddy, who did I mention is huge 7 months old and
already 3 solid pounds and 2 feet long, can now jump into the bathtub like
nothing, so now the bathroom is off limits.

Love,
Sandie
Pumpkin "The Reigning Diva"
Buddy "I am HUGE"