From:
Lisaferets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:16:51 EST
Hi Everyone!

Its been so hectic around here lately, but I felt the urge to jump in and
post!  ;-)

We have had such a tumultuous year -- our loss of my littlest and bestest
girl, Sasha; our joy of having Faith rescued and brought back to health; the
losses of so many rescues this year :-( and the adoption of so many more ;-)
but through it all, the love and concern of ferret people all over has
always come through on this list.  Thanks to so many that have written to me
and assisted the shelter through the year -- so many people!!  Melissa,
Judy, Linda S., Pam(s) T & G, Alicia, Sukie, Ela, Judith, Kim, Troy Lynn,
Dick.... the list could go for quite a while.  Its nice having an extended
ferret family to give support when its needed and to get support back when
they do.  To all of you from a grateful shelter mom, THANKS.

I have been a subscriber for about 4 years (Not under the same email address
though, right BIG??  <grin>)  "Faces" and people come and go, but it stays
the same -- ferret people exchanging information!!

It was so much fun visiting ferret folks over the holidays -- even if it did
snow!!

Gary --so sorry to hear about the passing of Spaz - he was obviously loved
very much and will be missed...

Sleepless in CA-- sexing a ferret -- its pretty easy, even at 6-8 weeks of
age -- if the ferret has a "belly button" -- its a boy!

Bob C -- thats great info on adrenals!!!  Keep picking on CA Fish & Game --
maybe one day, they will recognize their idiotic stance on ferrets as, well,
IDIOTIC!!

I want to extend good wishes and ferret kisses to everyone for a better 1998
and with the promise of the new Compendium, less tragic ferret testing cases
and more ferret-friendly recommendations.

Happy Ferreting!

Lisa