From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 22:12:40 -0400
I got this from someone in our ferret community. Please if you can help
her, e-mail me.

Dear Ferret lover,
Our six month old ferret, Mischa, recently died.  The autopsy results
indicated that her death was the result of diffuse lesions throughout the
brain and spinal cord most likely due to prolonged exposure to a chemical
(possibly hexane).  We are currently attempting to determine how this could
have happened.  I was wondering if you had ever come across a similar
situation, or if you know of a common household source of hexane.  Any help
or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Please contact me at the above email address or call 519-823-2319.

Thank you for your help.

                 Erin

P.S.  It would be helpful if you could carbon copy your reply to

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick