From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:56:26 -0400
Hello FFFs!

At about 3:30am I was awakened by a strange noise.  It seemed to be a
continuous rattling sound of some sort.  At first my sleep-fogged brain
could not place it but finally I realized that someone was playing in their
litterbox amongst the wood pellet litter.  It sounded like they were going
around and around and around.  I further traced the sound to the cage of my
newest addition, 10 week old Luthe.  When I realized he wasn't going to stop
this fun activity anytime soon, I got up, turned on the light and went to
look at him.  Luthe has two litterboxes in his cage and since being cleaned
last night, he had only used one of them.  The clean one was the one being
played in (thank goodness!).  If Luthe could talk, the conversation would
probably have gone something like this:

Luthe:  Hi Mom!!  What's up?!
Me:     I am, now.  Would you mind telling me WHAT you are doing?

Luthe:  Uh, nothing Mom!  Just playing in this cool stuff here.
Me:     That "cool stuff" is your litter and it's for pooping, not playing.
        Why   are you going in circles in your litterbox?
Luthe:  Uh, well, I dunno.  It's FUN!
Me:     Go to bed Luthe.
Luthe:  Awwww, man!  You never let me do ANYTHING!

So off to bed he went.  About two hours later I was awakened by the same
noise, AGAIN, and this time I just took the litterbox out.  He still had the
second one to use.  When I got up this morning I put it back.  He still
hasn't used it.  Maybe he's saving it for the middle of the night again.
Such are the dangers of a too-clean litterbox.  Be warned!  :)

Cheers,

Karen
Well then let go baby let the wind blow through your hair
You can't walk around in chains and ever get nowhere
Something or someone is telling you it's over and done
Outside the free wind blows
Let go
                             -- "Let Go" - Brother Phelps