From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:24:24 -0400
Here is a list of some useful websites for when dysuria (inability to
urinate occurs); it has a added one from UGA beyond the ones given
before:

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/ferrethealth/prostate.txt
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=11&cat=1296&articleid=1491
http://www.petcarevabeach.com/pen1.html
and
http://www.vet.uga.edu/ivcvm/1999/Greenacre/greenacre.htm

There are many causes of runs.  Here is info on one of the common causes:
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/ECE/ECE.html
and
http://www.ferretvet.ca/ECEPage.html

IF memory serves (remember that this is ragweed season so i am not
breathing well) Essiac can lower blood sugar badly and Dr. Karen Purcell
wrote that she will be removing it from her next edition of her book
and now advises to not use it.  CHECK ME on those things because I
could be mis-remembering.  Ah, no, it looks like I was confusing it
with pau d'arco:

http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG964
and
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG358

So, memory does not always serve, which all already knew, especially when
not breathing well but at least I admit it and pass on some else which
may be useful.  LOL!

Hi, April!  It was from Dr. Bruce Williams that I learned that the risk
of aspiration pneumonia is not at all negledgable in ferrets.  Of course,
in your case yo uare trained and you are doing it only short term for
very sick animals for whom there is no other choice.  The poster was
talking about anyone doing it, and was talking about forcing a daily
supplement that way.

>I did what any self respecting 35 y/o lady would do.  I screamed my head
>off, threw the bag and her, and ran like hell!

GOT to be an exaggeration; you were a Bluejacket!  :-)