From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:19:03 EDT
Here we go again guys.....it takes one person to start these petty wars,
and all of US to try and stop them.  Goodness people - If we could all
just "stop responding" to the "not so nicely worded" posts, then perhaps,
then the people who seem to think that they are the "ferret care experts"
would use a bit more care when choosing their wording of posts.  I know
that I am guilty as sin of this little crime myself, but for heaven's
sake people - Mr. Owens has a right to own pets, just like you do.  This
rather reminds me of two people arguing the same point - just because
your ideas are different, that doesn't necessarily make you "right" and
the other person "wrong".  It is a choice of wo rds that has caused this
ridiculous back/forth stuff again, and it could have been avoided if
people were just a little bit more empathetic towards other peoples
predicaments.  Please - let's all try and slow down - read what we have
written to make sure that if we aren't trying to "flame" someone, that
our posts don't reflect that we are!

Karen, regarding your comment to Mr. Owens: Please try to remember
that Mr. Owens probably already feels bad about his ferrets being
lost/hurt/killed - and that if you really wanted to help him, then
emailing him privately - probably would have been the best way to "offer
advice" - especially when it was worded the way it was.  You say on one
hand: ""This post was and still is in no way intended to be a flame or a
critisim.  It is intended to suggest that further ferret proofing needs
to be done.  Please, please take it in that spirit."" THEN you come out
with: The continual losses and accidents is NOT NORMAL."" - How on earth
could you possibly think that this ISN'T a flame?  My goodness - read
your own words!  Your telling him that gosh, you don't mean to b e mean,
but how do you want that "not normal" statement to be taken?  .  Choose
your words more carefully if you don't want them mis-understood.  In my
opinion (and yes, it is only MY opinion) the above referenced sentence
seems to me, to be a flame - just an "underhanded" one.

Let's try this again - everyone please just "think" before you hit that
send button.......now go hug your ferrets and stop this ridiculous
bantering before someone really gets hurt.

[KA]