From:
BELMONT COUNTY RACEWAY PARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 09:25:51 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to me about Patches.  She is the ferret who
had a benign bone tumor removed from her jaw.  She still won't eat unless I
feed her from a syringe but yesterday she ate off of a spoon for me and is
still doing it today.  She is playing with the other ferrets and getting
fat.  I've decreased the amount that I feed her.  Her bottom canine is still
outside the top one but the vet said it will always be.  There was no
clipping done on her teeth because she has become sensitive to anesthesia.
Anymore surgery for her will have to be only in a life or death situation.
Except for the slightly crooked jaw, she looks good and acts better than she
did when she had the osteoma.

Her vet in Columbus, Ohio has expressed a concern about Aleutians Disease in
ferrets.  She said it is showing up in 3 to 5 year olds and that it is nasty
and terminal and VERY contagious.  Has anyone heard of it?  Apparently it is
a mink's disease.

Barb
Mom of Patches and four other furries