Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:42:42 -0500
Has any one considered his is yet another PETA scam, someone asked.
Well, of course, its PETA. lol. But the chances of fabricating what we
are seeing in the films and where it happened would be so slim in this
case. Why? When they've lied before during their little scams they've
picked on smaller fry. When they've tried to bash huge business like
this, notice they never used footage that showed the entire inside of
a facility coupled with inferior conditions all in the same shot.
When they lie, what you typically see are screen shots: facility,
infraction, facility, infraction ... shot by shot. See? In these movies
there were long shots of the facility showing the icky cages, and there
were shots that varied from afar to close ups of the same exact area
for reference. The other thing, is they would not have gone into a
nationwide blitz like they've never done before (to this extreme) of a
major cooperation because, my God, if it's associated with Petsmart,
they are going to race in there to see if its true (they being gov,
reporters, petsmart officials, so on and so on). Too quickly to clean
up without a trace of anything. And if they are wrong, picking on a
business like Petsmart and completey lying would destroy them (doing it
to this extent). I don't see that if they made this all up, PetSmart
would let that go.

Lastly, I don't care what this place is. I don't care if its associated
with Petsmart, or if its a lie and it's in fact "Joe blows" in Korea.
They did a bang up job of reporting for once, and what this place is
does not change a thing for me personally. I didn't see any red flags
here as I did with the "supposed" Marshall Farms photos that ALF put
out on the Internet years ago.

** However, on the other hand, you are inarguably right in one respect.
And I really hope somehow this part of my message is realized by
everyone who reads it. PETA does have a scamy slant on this towards
PetSmart and has a self serviing agenda here. They are hiding behind
the blood of animals to sell their point. Sure they care about the
animals. But they care more about hurting PetSmart and that is grossly
obvious. The fact is, this is just one of numerous distributing
warehouses across the country. Almost ALL pet stores, get at least some
of their stock from these places. And I never heard of an excellent
one, okay? PETA is targeting PetSmart here. Notice that the message of
it being Rainbow in TX is so subtle that if you ask the average person
on the street about this, they do not remember the name, they only
remember PetSmart. The presentation is so brilliant, that it has
tricked how many bright ferret people on this and other lists into
thinking it WAS Petsmart at first? Truth is those animals go to lots
of stores and suppliers all over. Notice PETA's focus is Petsmart,
Petsmart, Petsmart. NOT what it is and should be ... "RAINBOW and
like DISTRIBUTORS", let alone the laws needed to protect animals or
the officials that may not be doing their jobs well enough.

I just don't get PETA and never will. They pick on a pet business,
that by comparison of most in this country, adequately cares for most
animals. They don't reward them for doing a job better than others. And
the real criminals, the smaller chains and heck even the inconsistent
PetCo's are given a free ride. Everyone will now freak out and go
running to PetCo who is no better and is worse, as well as to other
stores who can be horrendously worse. Good plan! Like that one. PETA
would argue with me, that they do this because the goal is a much
larger one, that is to eliminate the over breeding, warehousing and
sale of animals, at least as it currently stands. I will argue with
them ... by funneling all your energy in destroying PetSmart along
with the little shop of horrors with your media blast and NOT focusing
peoples attention on the fact that this is how many distributors are
and how animals are shipped and cared for at times due to our negligent
laws helps the animals HOW?

Wolfy