From:
JUDY MOON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:34:31 -0700
I have been feeing Mazuri ferret chow for almost six years now.  I have
tried nearly every one of the other foods, on and off.  I always go back to
Mazuri.  One thing is my ferrets have the softest coats.  I tried another
brand and within a couple of months my ferrets had hard scratchy hair.
Another ferret food nearly killed my best jill, she could not get enough
nourishment.  She got skinny, real skinny.  I switched back to Mazuri and
she gained her weight back almost immediately.  Since not a lot of people
use Mazuri, you must make sure you are getting fresh bags of food.  I pick
mine up right after it is delivered to the store.  I mix the Mazuri about
2/3 with 1/3 top quality cat food, like Iams.  My ferrets never go out of
condition and even the mothers stay shiny (at least what coat they don't
pull out to make the nest).

We had four litters this year and every Mother raised fat sassy babies.  The
babies are just about rolling in fat!  Healthy bouncy, little nippers.  I've
never had a problem with weaning and feed the Mazuri right through weaning.
(I do pulverize the Mazuri in my food blender, mix with canned cat food <no
fish> and skim milk.  I add vitamins and ferretone.) Feed this to little
uns and nursing or pregnant jills.  After four years of raising ferrets, I
can honestly say I've never lost a baby or a mother due to food problems.
I swear by Mazuri and highly recommend it.  As a matter of fact every
ferret baby sold has a small sack of Mazuri to go with him.

Thanks again for listening
Judy Moon/Moonsong Ferrets
[log in to unmask] or FAX 360-805-2563