Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:49:51 -0700
Greetings.

The $700 figure sounds like what a human dose would be.

Thankfully, our friends are much smaller, so that human dose can be
divided up many ways.

My vet charges around $50 for a visit and lupron injection.

That is a 100 microgram (mcg) 1-month depot.

Lupron comes in 1-month and 3-month depot versions.

As the name implies, the 3 month depot should last 3 months, and the 1
month lasts 1 month.

Based on research I've seen, it's better to go with monthly 1-month
depots, as the 3 month depot's effectiveness wears off towards the end
of the period, allowing the hormones to start fluctuating.

Kevin Farlee