Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:26:27 -0700
If you aren't sickened enough about Marshall Farms... read a few of
these statements from their website...

http://www.marshallpet.com/history.asp

>The caring staff at Marshall Pet Products recognizes the special
>relationship pet owners have with their pet ferrets.  Everyone at
>Marshall Pet Products cares as much about your ferret's health and
>well-being as you do.

Oh yea?  Then why do they spay/neuter the babies at 4 or 5 weeks of age?
Why do they sell ferrets to uninformed and uneducated about ferrets-
people?  Why do they mass produce ferrets?  Why have they not done any
testing about why 75% of their ferrets come down with insulinoma and/or
adrenal disease?  Why do they sell ferrets to research labs?

http://www.marshallpet.com/ferrets.asp

>Marshall Babies
>Marshall Babies are not only adorable and super cute, they are bred
>to be very gentle and docile compared to other breeder's ferrets.
>Every ferret has been hand raised and is eager to be held.  We
>guarantee friendly, healthy and above all, happy baby ferrets.

They key word here is "healthy".  Healthy???  Healthy they say?  Then
tell me why in the world so many of us are losing our babies at under 3
years of age?????

>Available all year long!
>Marshall Ferrets are available every week, all year long.  They are
>shipped at 7 weeks of age to authorized pet dealers throughout the
>United States and abroad.  Before they leave our farm, they are given
>a final health check and plenty of food and water for the trip.

Aren't the females only suppossed to be bred only during certain times
during the year?  If thats the case from what I've read over and over...
why are there babies available throughout the year??  "Given a final
health check" - then why do we keep seeing reports of spay/neuter scars
not healed when they are at the petstore?

>Early Neutering!
>To avoid pet overpopulation and prevent health problems, every Marshall
>Ferret is neutered (spayed/castrated) and descented before being
>shipped.

Oh, what really needs saying about in this statement??  "To avoid pet
overpopulation"?????  Are they really that blind and ignorant??  And to
"prevent health problems"?????  Have they not checked any stats on how
many of our babies are sick and/or passing before the age of 3???

http://www.marshallpet.com/resources/cust_service/service.asp

>The Marshall family is committed to providing the healthiest and best
>quality ferrets and ferret supplies available to you.  Our ferrets are
>well known for their long-term health, excellent temperaments, great
>colors and disposition.  We know that your ferret will provide many
>years of enjoyment and memories

Here we are again, with them saying their ferrets are well known for
their "long-term health".  What a bunch of total crap.  "many years of
enjoyment"... oh I cant tell you how much I wish that.  What do they
consider "many years"... 1, 2??

http://www.marshallpet.com/resources/cust_service/problems.asp

This link above - "Common problems".  What about insulinoma, adrenal
disease, and lymphoma????!!!!!!  Where's their info on that???

http://www.marshallpet.com/resources/cust_service/service.asp

>Once again, thank you for stopping by our web site and we look forward
>to hearing from you.

Hey, they said it.  Lets tell them what we got to say!!  Anyone care
to join me?  Anyone have any other ideas on what to do to help our
shelters and rescues?
Marshalls ph # : 1-800-292-3424, email: [log in to unmask] ,
fax: 1-315-594-1956.

Andrea