From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 10:28:48 -0500
I'm glad to hear that there are other tub poopers out there.  Mortimer must
be working with some sort of obscure ferret logic.  Perhaps there's a racial
memory of some ancestral mustelid who lived in a white porcelain thing.  As
for mops, I caught Sebastian dragging a mop under a chair once.  It was
hilarious.  I just about killed myself laughing.  He knocked it over, then
dragged it all the way down the hall and got it mostly under the chair, long
end first.  Then it got stuck, and he pulled and pulled.  I must have shot a
whole roll of film at this point.

It's the strangest thing.  Mortimer is shedding like crazy.  We were joking
about making a sweater out of the stuff I pull off the brush (it's not easy
to brush a ferret).  Meanwhile, Sebastian hasn't lost any hair at all.  I
wonder when Sebastian will start shedding.  I'm glad to see some sign of
spring anyway.  Mortimer actually looks like a ferret now, rather than a
badger with a panda face.

-Catherine Shaffer and
Mortimer "I wanna meet this Atlas guy!" and
Sebastian "I'm still the baby.  He's the dog!"