From:
Veronica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:35:39 -0700
You were a shelter baby needing a home.  I found you one with 4 others
one wonderful day.  You and your cagemate went to a friend while the
other three stayed with me.  You were never quite right...I tried to get
your other caretaker to get you to the vet.  She wouldn't.  I took you in
when she no longer wanted you and your 2 new cagemates when your first
was taken from you.  You gave kisses freely and cleaned ears when it was
time for bed.  Always a loner when playtime came and went, but was right
smack in the middle of everyone never knowing exactly which body was the
one that belonged to you.  You loved your safe packing popcorn and that's
the only time I ever saw you play.

Tonight you sleep...forever.  Your cough and breathing were signs I was
not ready for, but was not surprised when I was told it was interlinked
with the mass I felt in your soft body.  The vet said it was
lymphoma...and it had more than likely metastisized into your lungs.  The
mass was big...and to late for surgery.

I was not ready, but you were.  You were tired, and breathing so hard.
It would have been selfish of me to bring you home and hope for more
time.  I let you go my sweet boy.  Your kisses I will hold in my heart
forever.

You never met my Tama no Yuki, but she will be there to greet you I'm
sure.  Rest well.

My sweetest Goose
Oct. 6, 2003

Veronica and the remaining Whisker Bunch (Roo, Bandit, Oddball, Ozzy and
Aaron)

Missing my Tama no Yuki and now Goose

 ,,
Henry County Humane Society  http://www.phchs.petfinder.org