From:
John and Diane Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:15:20 -0500
Well, I think everybody's ready for some good, heartwarming news, so here
'tis.

We have been able to find generous sponsors for all the multitudinous rings
which we'll be running at our April 4 benefit show for Maryland's shelters!
This is such good news for us, as the investment of $50 to sponsor a ring is
getting harder and harder to come by with everyone's post-holiday bills, the
ever-growing demands of our own ferrets, and the constant pleas for help for
so many good ferret causes.  Everybody take a minute to say, YAY!  This is
one shelter story that you can read and feel good about!

Here's the story...last year the Baltimore Ferret Club and shelter wanted to
do something for our fellow Maryland shelters that don't have shows to
support them.  We took a deep breath and put up the $1000.00 for a show
hall, plus the $800.00 for ribbons and trophies, and waited in great
suspense to see if anybody would come to this little shindig.  Well, it was
a wonderful experience - everybody came through for us, and the 3 Maryland
shelters took in enough to keep afloat for another year.

Crazy us, we're doing it again, and I hope that all of you can "come on
down" to join us.  Here's what you can see at this warm and fuzzy event ...

FLASH!  Dr. Tom Willard and his wife Trish, developers of Totally Ferret,
will be at the show to answer all your questions about ferret nutrition.
We're also selling Totally Ferret at special show prices.

THE GREEN CARD RING!  Yes, once again, the immigrants to our shores will
compete for best "new blood".  Australian, German, English, Swedish...what
else is out there?  If you've got a little Ellis Island special, get in this
ring and see which country wins!

THE WANNA-BE RING!  Got a ferret that just isn't quite, well, whatever?  One
of those "almost a black sable"s, "nearly a chocolate", "close to a
siamese"?  This is the ring for you.  Good luck to the judge on this one!

WEASEL WACES!  In addition to the ferret hurdle contest, the blackest nose,
heaviest hob, smallest jill, etc.  YOU CAN WIN SOME MONEY!  Bet on your
ferret to win, place or show in the tube races, and take home the 50/50
winner's purse!

VENDORS GALORE!  Get that ferret stuff you can't get at the pet stores!
Check out the shelter ferrets available for adoption, and also some of the
East Coast's finest purebred ferrets from reputable breeders.

ALL SPECIALTY SHOW: This isn't one of those serious championship shows...
this is a fun and frivilous contest where the kits, jills, and hobs all
compete at once for the prize.  Every ferret entered wins a beautiful satin
ribbon...none of those paper certificates!  Rings are: albino, black sable,
chocolate, cinnamon, darkeyed white, green card, handicapped, Marshall
Farms, oldtimers, shelter, panda/blaze, sable, shelter, siamese, silver,
wanna be's.  We may have a Twiggy ring for the smallest jill....stay tuned!

For more information about this fun day in beautiful Baltimore (check out
the Inner Harbor and eat some crabs the day after the show!), email
baltoferret2.aol.com.  Or call 410-922-7655.

SAVE OUR SHELTERS!
--
 John and Diane Rogers - Baltimore Ferret Club
 http://baltoferret.com/bfc