From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:04:28 -0400
>From:    "SHELLEY R. ABARE" <[log in to unmask]>
>Dear God, I am sickened!  How could anyone take newborn mice, murdered
>by inhuman animals (human type) and feed them to our sweet babies?  Or
>almost as bad, live mice.  Can you imagine the terror that poor creature
>feels.  There are plenty of meat substitutes out there.  We don't have
>to promote animal cruelty by feeding our babies other babies.  Stop the
>cruelty now.

Sniff, sniff, sniiiiffffff.... methinks I smell a troll.  Either that, or
someone who is seriously out of touch with reality.

I will give the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not trolling.  I
will merely ask a few questions.

Why is it worse to feed young mice (newborn, day old, two-day old, etc)
than it is to feed older mice?  I assume that is what your statement
above means.  Why is it worse to feed dead young mice (who presumably,
since they're dead, can't feel anything) than it is to feed live mice?

What, exactly, do you think goes into the ferret kibble you buy in those
nice clean bags at the pet store?

Are chickens less "deserving" of life than mice (old or young)?  Is it
therefore less sickening to think of chickens being "murdered" than mice?

Is the natural order of things sickening?  When a polecat takes down a
wild rodent or bird, is that "animal cruelty"?  When a mother cheetah
takes down a gazelle and her cubs begin consuming it before it's decently
dead, is that "animal cruelty"?

Aren't we humans trying to prevent as much pain as possible by humanely
euthanizing mice with CO2 gas (which is how most frozen mice you buy at
the pet stores were euthanized) so that they do not know they are being
eaten?

Have you ever seen a ferret kill a mouse?  (I'll assume the answer to
that one is "no.")  It is probably even quicker than CO2 gas the majority
of the time.  However, dead (sometimes called "pre-killed") mice are
probably the best way to go.

Have you noticed that your "sweet babies" have fangs, i.e. canine teeth?
That indicates that they need animal protein to survive and thrive.

What exactly is a "meat substitute"?  Spam?

I'm done.

Karen