From:
Sebastian McDonagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:10:14 +1100
Our first ferret "Nads" (we now have 3!) had the misfortune to clash with a
shoe ..  while the owner was still wearing it.  The shoe bore no injuries
but poor Nads came out of it with a break to the upper arm and a fracture to
the lower arm.  He is also only 3 1/2 months old :( Finding a vet who has
had the experience with such small animals with bones as tiny as ferrets has
proved to be virtually an impossiblity.

Could any ferret owners who have had experience with similar injuries please
let us know what sort of treatment and care was involved.  The only
suggestion that has been put to us was amputation :( :( We can't help but
feel that this is just a solution borne out of ignorance.  *shrug*

The other question is has anyone ever had experience with a three legged
ferret, as in how do they adapt to life after losing a limb?

Replies can be sent to myself at [log in to unmask]

Thanks :)
Seb & Nads