From:
anneinchicago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:33:00 -0600
Everytime I buy trail mix, I have to fend off the little buggers.  I've
left them in the car after grocery shopping only to come back to find
they've unerringly located the one bag out of ten that had the trail mix.

That said, I let them have tiny slivers of all the dried fruit.  Tiny,
tiny slivers.  Papaya and pineapple seems to be the favorite.

I hadn't hard about ferrets & raisins, but I did hear about dogs and
raisins.  I switched to craisins.  The nice plump cranberries that have
been- Well whatever they do to make raisins.  I buy the cherry flavored
ones and mine are crazy for them.  They actually pout if I somehow forget
to give them their morning treat.  It's the first thing the new ones
learn- wake up, get kisses, get a craisin.  *Then* destroy the house and
torment the dog. :-)

anne