From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 19:33:37 -0400
I'm trying out a pet sitter in my area (Northern NJ) while I'm away at
graduation next week, and I'll let you all know how it goes.  My initial
impressions of her were quite favorable.  She presents a professional
appearance with business cards and a printed contract, she asked good
questions, and she seems knowledgable and experienced with animals.  She won
triple bonus points with me by picking up Paddington and kissing him all
over his furry little face.  (Scooter was too shy to submit to any kisses).

Also, many thanks to Corrine for her suggestion about using
Tupperware/Rubbermaid containers as makeshift ferret feeders to prevent food
digging.  It took several attempts to get it right (all of you who own
Rubbermaid stock owe me a BIG thank you right about now!), but I think I
finally have one that works pretty well.  I used one of the smaller
containers (about five inches by three inches, and maybe an inch or two
high), and cut a hole in the MIDDLE of the lid which is about 1 1/2 inches
square.  I also pierced two holes in the back of the container, threaded a
long twist tie through them, and twist tied the entire contraption to the
side of the cage (right at the bottom, where he can't flip it).  So far, so
good.  He has still managed to dig some food out, but it's nothing compared
to the (literally ) POUNDS of food he was wasting before.  I'm keeping my
fingers crossed that it continues to work!

Ela Heyn