From:
"Sandy, Michael & 'Tater' Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 15:00:32 -0500
Marsha - ( And all you other kitty cat & ferret lovers out there )

Thanks for your timely and helpful reply.  I agree, we do need a second
ferret for Tater to play with.  The only problem is that we now have to
convince Sandy of this fact.  Remeber her?  - "If we don't need a skunk, we
certainly don't need a ferret.".  We have to do something to convince her.
I mean, I'm going to Orlando next week to wire a fiber optic maufacturing
line, and she won' t let me take Tater with me.  What am I to do??  I'll
probably have to adopt a ferret of my very own to keep me company!  Oh well.
doodoo occurs.

Update on Tater and the cats: Woden has gotten to where he'd rather play
with Tater than with his fellow kitties.  He howls and cries untill we let
him into the bedroom and, when we let him in, he starts looking for Tater
until he finds the poor, sleepy beastie.  What results is a picture of pure
delight.  They play with and chase each other untill they're both exhausted.
Then Woden lays down and begins purring loudly while Tater crawls onto his
back, gives him an affectionate nip on the ear, and falls asleep - spread
eagled on top of a cat who is easily five times his size.  What a Christmas
card that would make.  Talk about Peace on Earth!

We let Thor and Boris in last night to see what would happen.  Tater began
chasing Thor all over the room untill Thor hollered to be let out.  Boris
just checked out Tater's unused cage and began eating his food.  I think
there is hope for Boris.

We noticed this morning that the cats who have become 'ferretized' are
acting rather strangley.  Woden especially seems to be saying, "I don't want
to play with you - you aren't nearly as much fun as Tater."

Well, I tend to ramble again - I'm just so d---- excited about having Tater
come into my life. He's the neatest critter that I have met in fifty years.
Sorry about the rambling - must have something to do with an enlarged
prostate, or approaching senility.

Noticed several letters on yesterday's post having to deal with cats and
ferrets. I'd like to hear from all of you regarding our common problem and
eventulal solutions. Maybe we should form a group of ferret and cat lovers.
All you other feline/fuzzie people out there please send us your experiences
and advice. We are hopeful that peace will reign in our house so that Tater
can be let out of the bedroom and come to enjoy the freedom of the rest of
our home without being attacked by nine cats, who were, after all here first.

Hoping to return from Florida with a companion for Tater,

I remain,

MIchael

Woden: "Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We're hunting fewwet!"
Thor: "Ooooh. I hate that #@%*&+^*  fewwet."
Boris: "Yum - this tastes just like my food."
Tater: "Playtime!"
Sandy: "We don't need another ferret."
Michael: "This too shall pass."