From:
mike and karyl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:51:13 -0600
Can anyone please tell me the normal procedure for checking blood sugar
on a ferret?

I am taking my little one in to see if she may have insulinoma, next
week.  The office said that they like to do an exam that would show
internal organ function.  They draw blood from the VENA CAVA, (right by
the heart.) So the ferret needs to be very still and they use 'gas' to
keep them from wiggling.  Is this normal?  Isn't there an easier way?
I don't think I want to do all this unless it is really necessary.  Can't
they just poke her finger, like diabetic hoomans do?  Does anyone have
experience here, and what should the typical cost be for this type of
exam?

Thank you all for your recent help and good advice.  I sure like to be as
informed as I can.

*~** karyl & babybegbie**~*

<http://www.myspace.com/mikeandkaryl>