From:
Vicky James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 19:07:30 -0500
Hi all,

Good news, my Fredonia ferrets are all getting along now.  It sure took
Athena a while to allow the boys (Ulysses and Spartan) to get close, they
liked to sniff her - uh - other end and she did not like that.  Also they
liked to play rougher than she did and she would cry and "poof" so I kept
them apart.  The boys were the first to learn to accept and even like each
other.  We would periodically put them and Athena together again and now we
can even cage them together and no cries or "poofs" except for someone who
has dreams once in a while (don't know who it is tho')!  It's very exciting
to see them all dooking and war dancing together after all this time!!!!!!
Now if I can just get Job to accept the Fredonia bunch!  Maybe if I just
keep at it and keep being patient; probably a little like waiting to see the
Easter Bunny hiding the eggs I think tho'.  Maybe it's been an Easter Ferret
all the time!

Cassie had her adrenal surgery Sunday and is very bruised and sore, but is
eating and pooping so she is doing alright.  I expect she will be doing a
little more in the next few days.  My vet is so sweet, she donated her time
because I didn't have the extra money (Uncle Sam decided he needed more than
I had already paid him, we know how he is!).  I helped her with the surgery,
handing her the instruments (well, emptying them on the surgical area) and
taking the heart monitor readings and adjusting the humidifier, etc).  I got
to see where the adrenals are (very small things), very interesting for a
non medical person (I've always been interested in medical things tho').
Her spleen is enlarged (about 2 X's it's normal size the vet said), we are
hoping that this surgery will take care of the problem and it will shrink
and not get larger.  I hope she won't need any more surgery, I sure don't
like to see her not feeling so well!  I've had surgery and I remember, it is
not a fun thing!!!!!!

Vicky
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferret1/
Families are Forever