From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 14:12:09 -0400
Issue 31 of "Modern Ferret" arrived a day ago, but it took me time to
wrestle it away from Steve.  I suspect you all know the feeling.

Anyway, you have GOT to read Bob Church's article in there on part of the
history of ferrets in New York City.  It is complete with items from the
late 19th century and photos form the early 20th century.  To top it off
some are OBVIOUSLY NYC (and for the rest the source documents that).  Bob
goes into not only the general info but also explains some details which
make certain photos especially important and why.  This is a must-read
for those who want/need to have ammo when they face folks who hear reports
from NYC or another FFZ (Heads up, NYC, CA, DC...), and is fun for everyone
else.

Author Tama Janowitz is in there with her three furry loves.  I hadn't
realized she wrote THOSE!  (Which "those"?  Open an issue and see.)

This time around they had two guest photographers, Todd Oldham and Oberto
Gilli.  Yep.  No joke.  Have to tell you, though, that there is a photo
by Eric in there on page 20 that's a real glamor shot!  (Okay, there's
also a glamor shot in a blue chair on page 30, and...)

Of course, there is a lot more, but everyone needs a surprise now and then!