From:
millie sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:36:29 -0500
Please do not feed him sugars, that increases his chance for insulnomia
and other health problems, for treats teach him to love bits of chicken
or the chicken treats put out commercially.  Get him more active, more
time out of the cage, walk him, and one of the best exercises is stairs,
get him to do the stairs.  The extra fat shortens their lives even more,
brings on more health problems, and makes them very very lazy.  (write me
personally and I will send you a picture of Bacardi who was the fatest
ferret I ever saw and so cute fat.  I was going to keep him but he didn't
like the foster ferrets here so I found a home that kept him separate and
gave him all the free time he needed - he started exploring, doing more
ferret things and has slimmed down.  Now he isn't a lean machine but he
is healthier, happier, more active, and now even accepts other ferrets.
Fat is a death sentence to a ferret.

Millie and her Exploding Drinking it up Cleaningcrew