From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 18:50:16 -0400
Mr. Lipinski,

While I may not always agree with your opinions and comments about
ferrets, I can usually find some point or intended humor in your
writings.

Not so in your last: Death of a Bridgegreeter. There have been far too
many of us who have lost ferrets recently. I lost my 3 1/2 year old
just last week, and I am still heartbroken. I had to make the difficult
decision to help her "get her wings", and it was one of the most
heartbreaking things I have ever done. Holding a beloved pet, as she
leaves this world, and offering her love and comfort was all I could
do. I had exhausted all other possibilities as she had a terminal
disease, her medications were no longer effective, and she was in pain,
having respiratory distress, and bleeding.

My Bridgegreeters welcome for my girl was heartfelt, lovely, and
touching. It was very apparent that she took great time and effort to
get to know about my girl,-toys, treats, siblings were all incorporated
into her lovely tale. It brought me great peace of mind and joy, at a
very upsetting time. I am touched and so very grateful for her efforts.

I believe that our furkids are part of our family, and that they will
be part of us when we ourselves leave this earth. There would not be a
heaven without them for me. The "Rainbow Bridge" and the Bridgegreeters
so lovingly demonstrate this point of view.

While you may, or may not, agree with it-- I have no quarrel.

Your description of "hordes of dead ferrets" being trampled , crumpled,
and sliding off the bride, into the "terrorless depths" and the
"mangled ferret bodies" sinking out of sight, into "dark, icy and
"bloodied crags"--was painful, hurtful, and in my opinion very poor
taste.

The comfort I have derived from The Rainbow Bridge greeting , has been
tainted by your hurtful, and horrible descriptions. I am sure other
ferret lovers who have lost furkids feel the same way.. Furthermore,
the Bridgegreetes take great care, and effort in so beautifully
welcoming our babies who have crossed. You do them a disservice by
your hurtful words.

Perhaps you meant this to be funny--but I for one did not find it so.
I would like to believe you hold no malice, and this was just a note
written in questionable taste, and with your "unique" style and sense
of "humor".

I for one, will BELIEVE, that my girl is waiting for me. Her spirit is
well and healthy, and she will happily reside until that day when we
will be reunited.

These "harsh words" or criticism were not meant to anger or hurt you,
but just to ask you to consider the impact of this type of article.
Far too many furkids have passed in these past few weeks.

I have been in contact via direct e-mail with others who have suffered
losses too. Without exception, they all feel the same pain and sense
of loss that I do.

That is something unique about ferret "hoomins"--our love of these
wonderful creatures gives us a common ground, and sense of community.
It is my hope that these words will give you "food for thought".
Furthermore, I ask you to consider the effect of this type of article
in general, and how hurtful words like these can be, especially to
those of us who have suffered losses of our furkids recently. To most
of us, they are our "family"!

We treat them with love, respect, and dignity while we are blessed
to have them. In return, they provide us unconditional love, joy,
happiness, and a lot of laughs.

In summary, I think that descriptions of them should be maintained in
that light, especially for those of us still so recently hurting from
a loss.

My sympathies to other ferret hoomins who have lost their furkids
recently-- I sincerely hope that Mr. Lipinski's article did not upset
and anger you as much as it has me.

So-- with respect, Mr. Lipinski--next time please consider hurtful
words/articles. I could see no discussion, or valid forum for debate.
This was just, (again in my opinion), a very distasteful and painful
article to read.

In my opinion, this posting on the FML was the most upsetting thing I
have read.

With respect--

and in LOVING MEMORY OF MY Girl--wait for me at the Bridge.
Your "Mom" misses and loves you