From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:54:07 -0400
It saddens me to see mud slinging instead of "pooflinging", Maybe you are
a good ferret mom, some might be making assumptions, some might know for
sure and don't agree with your sheltering and boarding practices, some
might be jumping on the bandwagon because it's fun to have someone to
talk about, but you will be old news soon and on to the next.

The one thing that makes you look just as bad as the next person is
taking and entire state and slandering it because you don't like a
particular message board, which is sometimes a tough board but also an
educational board.  What makes the FML different than that board when
you are slinging mud here?  You took your differences with another person
and added others to it needlessly

You have slandered and made derogatory remarks, on many occasions, of
another shelter and it's Director.  WHY?  Just to say what?  What do you
gain from doing that to someone else's shelter or the people involved.
Are you one of those people when accosted that have to bring other people
down on your sinking ship with you.  Or are you one of those people that
makes remarks like that because it is someone else to talk about?  What
makes you better than anyone on pooflinger??

Then you make a statement about getting a lawyer, well I am no lawyer but
I can tell you what they charge.  It's more than the $1.70 which is the
cost of a vaccine, its more than $10.00 which is the cost of an ADV test,
and it will get you absolutely nowhere.  It is the internet.  if you put
yourself out to the public then you subject yourself to public scrutiny.
My suggestion that if you don't like it than I suggest you sign off.

I have been to this shelter you slander, and I could not say enough good
things about it, and they continue to strive at making it even better.
They have wonderful fundraisers to help support the shelter and it's
cause.  I think these fundraisers *Ferretstock* Octoberfest* are also
important because they put faces to a monitor screen, which I think
becomes impo tant, and makes for a happy friendly board, ferret advise
and medical support.

I saw the fundraiser that was taking place for the porn that you found to
be improper.  Well you know what, I did at first too, than after thinking
about it, many women and men strip or dance for a living to support th
eir families.  If it is ok and it is legal to support your kids and
family on stripping, dancing and on making porn flicks, how can it be
wrong to do it for ferrets.

It is your personal choice to ignore what you don't like.  Just like the
TV if you don't like what it on, Turn it off.  When a ferret has no home,
no mom, no dad, some which were left in horrible condition and almost at
death or dead, how can it be so terrible to raise a few bucks this way
for them, or anyway that is not illegal for that matter, what can be more
terrible then what they have gone through already, can you tell me??

Everyone would like to be the perfect ferret mom and dad, as well as the
perfect person, none of us are, some us hit bumps in the road, we try to
keep our ferrets best interest at heart, as well as our families.  We
don't all make the right decisions, but hopefully learn from them and
don't repeat it.  If you are not perfect, then what gives anyone the
right to say the next person isn't either!  I have yet to meet the worlds
perfect person, one that makes no mistakes.  That is what makes us human,
making mistakes and learning from them, not to point the finger and beet
someone down when they do

BIG- you have the patience of a saint, people are also saying you
shouldn't let this slander crap go on this list.  People should realize
you know when to say when, some people probably haven't had their say yet
and I think everyone should prior to discontinuing the thread.  No, she
didn't attack me personally, but she attacked my swamp scum state, but it
is this state where my house that I live in is, where I have my well kept
family and ferrets.  Isn't it the goal for everyone to have a healthy and
happy family...I don't want personal flame mail so I won't be signing
this, but I don't think you can possibly have anything to add at this
point Kim, do you?

If you add to the problem you become the problem.  Give that some thought
please!  and waste some of this hot air kissing those ferrets .

Thank you BIG for being {BIG} enough to carry this list the way you do,
it does educate on many levels.

[PM]