From:
Margaret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:56:56 -0700
Hey All,

I have an older ferret, Brock, who is around 6.  He has had one adrenal
gland removed and the other debulked this past summer.  He had to be
catheterized due to a blocked urinary tract due to an enlarged
prostrate(before the debulking).

The last 3 days or so, Brock has had urine all over his lower abdomen,
from below his sheath to his hind end, and down the insides of both back
legs.  It looks pretty yellow, but not orangish or reddish.  There is a
fishy odor to the urine.  Has anyone dealt with this before?  Calling
the vet tomorrow for an appointment.

Otherwise, he seems normal.  I do think his adrenal is growing back, as
his hair on his shoulders is thinning.  He eats and drinks fine, has
normal energy etc.  Just gets mad as hell when I wash his bottom. ;-)

Blessings,
Margie