From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 23:31:31 -0800
I was saddened to hear that shelterer Dayna Frazier had left our world
today.  Though we share a similar love for ferrets and the ferret
community, we both were open enough to many times peacefully disagree on
matters at hand.

I recall the one time i met Dayna in person, we had corresponded through
email-- I had no clue what she would look like.  She found out I was
driving down to MD for a shelter exhibit at a ferret show.  Evidentally,
she had checked in ahead to find we were both at the same motel.  Upon
arrival after a 11 plus hour haul, I trudged up stairs with a ferret
carrier exhausted and a bit adaze -- for I brought 2 kids with me to show.

Once in the hall way I turnmed only to have my babies carrier grabbed from
my hands as this tall female wearing glasses strolled away with them !
Shock- horror, disbelief , all kinds of things rushed through my weary
mind.  A minute later through robust laughter she returned to my rooms
entry door threw out her hand and said "Hi, I'm Dayna!" "Are these babies
for me?"

No,  they weren't -  and I have to say she did set me back for a few days
with that one!  And thanks for the memory.

I think of Dayna as a vibrant color on an artists palette.  She was loud,
she was warm and she was of her own mind.  Amidst that all she had devine
nuturing qualities and devoted herself to her ferret children.  Though we
did our work in different ways -- still she helped the creatures that
needed her so badly, as I hope I help those in my care.

The world is quieter today... Dayna has left us behind to carry out our
important work as we will... for the ferrets.  We may not always agree,
but we can agree to disagree, thanks Dayna!

But - I am very certain she is surrounded by every living creature that
has made it's way to the Rainbow Bridge and what a joyous event it must
be.  We will meet again, you just happened once again - to arrive FIRST!.

Alicia
a shelter Mom