From:
Sara Gennusa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:37:08 EST
Dear FMLers,
I know that this list is dedicated to ferrets, but I have seen several
posts regarding ferret owners who also extend their love to rats, and I
need their help.

As you all know, I work in Petco, and take care of the small animals.
Yesterday, three baby rats were found wandering in the fish department,
eyes closed, ears barely formed, covered in mites.  The mother, a Fancy
Rat, had escaped and we were trying to catch her in a Have a Heart for
months.  Anyways, these babies were helpless and hopeless, and MY Petco
allows me to care for an animal no matter how small.

I set up an aquarium with a heating lamp and a little hamster house with
fluff to house these babies, and I set to de-miting them and handfeeding
them.  To tell you the truth, I didn't think that they would last until
the next day.  But sure enough, there they were in the morning, brought
in by a caring employes, who awoke every two hours to feed them last
night.  They are fat, healthy, and HUNGRY.

I'm wondering if anyone in New Jersey is willing to take on these small
charges.  Four weeks of handfeeding is out of the question for me, and
although I can do it during the day, these guys need round the clock
love.  I'd be happy to drive them to you if you would take them on.

E-mail me directly if you might be interested.

Sincerely,
Sara