From:
Caitlyn Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:27:40 -0500
Hi, everyone,

Diane Campbell of the Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven called me this afternoon
and asked me to post to the lists.  She is having some minor computer
trouble and won't be back online until at least later tonight.  We have
permission from the owner to post this...

There are two adorable fuzzies that need a home.  Diane cannot take these
ferts into the shelter because they had ECE about eight months to a year
ago, and these are confirmed cases, since they came from the now closed
Metrolina shelter in Charlotte that had serious ECE problems.  These ferts
are fully recovered and healthy now.  The idea is to find a home where
there are other healthy ferrets who have had ECE, since they cannot
contract the disease twice, or else to find someone who does not have
ferrets right now and knows that two is all they will have.  Again, these
are happy, healthy, well adjusted ferrets.

One is a three year old male sable named Diddle.  He's a little guy, and
weighs just two pounds.  His mate is SheShee, a two and a half year old
female sable, also very petite at just one pound.  They come with a two
level cage and ferret magazines.  They have been eating Iams kitten food.
They have complete medical records and are up to date on their distemper
shots, but have not had rabies shots.  SheShee also has a skin tab on her
neck which needs to be checked by a vet.

Their owner actually has three ferrets, but the oldest is battling cancer
and is on prednisone.  Her roommate lost her job, and they simply feel they
cannot afford to take care of all three fuzzies properly and have decided
to take care of the one that is sick.

If you can take in these little ones, please call Krystal Blanton at
(704) 987-9472.

Regards,
Caity Martin