From:
Sherrie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:51:26 -0600
Dweezil update and more...

I took her to her regular ferret-vet this morning.  What a mystery.
She's been active and alert since her episode Friday, no real signs of
any problems or repeat behavior.  Yet her blood glucose was 47 at the
vet's (compared to 73 Friday evening).  He even checked it twice just to
be sure that was right.  And she'd eaten just earlier today, about an
hour or so before going to the vet's.  But she's acting fine.  The only
other sign of something amiss is that she's been a bit 'sneezy' and
shakes her head and 'snot' flies (ew!), so he suspects she might have a
bit of a cold, but her lungs sound clear and she doesn't have a fever,
perhaps upper respiratory, but nothing too major?  He did a physical
exam and CBC and I'll hear the results of that tomorrow.  *sigh*

For now he said to just keep checking on her and keeping her comfy and
well-fed and -watered, *maybe* add a touch of Karo to her water as a
buffer in case of an insulinomic crash.

He did say that when he performed the adrenal surgery in April that he
checked her for signs of insulinomas then, and she was fine, but didn't
rule out that they could be newly developing.  Her crashing 5 days ago
and still being fine doesn't seem to fit, he thinks.  It tends to come
closer together and more chronic, apparently?

Next, along the lines of the 'squeezie prostate', since this week is
National Pharmacy Week, we've been having drug reps and luncheons all
week (Yay!  Saving money not having to bring/buy food!), and yesterday
the TAP rep was here, touting Prevacid.  Anyone who's seen their ads may
recognize 'Tummy', the 'mascot'.  Well, sure enough, I got a squeezie
Tummy!  It's not actually squeezie, like squooshy foam, it's actually
stuffed.  Still, it's just really, well, strange.  A hot pink furry
stuffed tummy, with an orange corduroy esophagus and an orange terrycloth
duodenum.  My mate thinks it's really 'sick and wrong'.  ;) But it'll
make a grand ferret-toy!  (Under close supervision, as it is just a
stuffed thing, full of styrofoam pellets...like a Beanie baby.)  I know
the TAP rep was less than thrilled to hear what I'd be doing with it. ;)

And on a final note,
I agree with Kate!  Bring the Symposium to Denver!  (Ok, I'm obviously
biased as well, since I live here.) But really, it is a good, somewhat
centrally located place, in the grand scheme of the U.S., not some out
of the way place...my $.02 worth.

(Yeah!  Denver!)

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and concerns for Dweezil. :)

Sherrie
Dweezil,
Razzle, Monty-boo and Jezebel
(who are all feeling neglected since I've been expending so much time and
energy on Dweezil!)