From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:20:57 -0700
Out in western Nevada, there is a shelter mom who moved across the
border from California just so she could legally continue helping
ferrets and their caregivers. For her years of dedication, for the
assistance she is always ready to give the especially needy cases like
Houdini (a beautiful little boy with an inoperable tumor), and for the
integral role she played in saving ferrets during the 2001 Utah rescue,
Linda Soule has earned widespread respect and admiration.

Now, it's our turn to show Linda how much we have appreciated her hard
work. Ferrets can't say thank you - but we can!

Our Friends of Ferret Shelters raffle for September has TWELVE terrific
items to choose from, with proceeds being donated to the Ferrets With
Soul(e) rescue and shelter of Gardnerville, Nevada.

The raffle ends at 9 p.m. EST on Friday, Oct. 5. Don't let your chance
to win one of these prizes slip by!

* An heirloom work of art -- one of the most beautiful quilts you've
  ever seen! Handmade and donated by Ardith Raine, the quilt features
  rare and collectible fabrics in a patriotic theme.
* Two beautiful gift baskets, including a "Purple is for Royalty!"
  basket for your ferret!
* A ferret sleeping den, plushy purple chair/bed, camouflage sleeping
  bag, "fish-y fun" tunnel, and a beautiful handmade bedding set (plus
  toys and treats!) by Julie Johnson featuring fall daisies and Boyd
  Bears!
* A hand-knit "iCase" for your iPod, iPhone or other electronic gizmo
  plus a $15 iTunes gift card! (The iCase is perfect for carrying lip
  balm and keys, too.)
* A sampler pack of Sun and Earth household cleaning products, valued
  at $33 - proving that non-toxic, petroleum-free products can work as
  good or better than anything else on the market!
* A 'grab bag' with CDs by Grammy-winning artist Norah Jones and more,
  ferret postcards, jewelry, and a hand-beaded silver ferret charm
  bookmark donated by Clover Williams!
* A delightful set of holiday "Ferret Carols" handmade notecards by
  Suzanne Isham!

Check out photos and complete descriptions of these prizes on our
website at http://www.shelterfriends.blogspot.com.

Hurry! Tickets are just $2 apiece! You can buy three tickets for $5 and
six tickets for $10. (Tickets for the Americana quilt are $5 per - this
quilt has a market value of $400!)

Thank you for supporting a very worthy shelter, and good luck!

Susann Thiel and Lisa Oestereich
Friends of Ferret Shelters