From:
Jean Wimpee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 01:54:55 -0500
Hi.  My 6 year old girl had a surgery for insulinoma last week.  Her
blood sugar had been down between 50 and 60 for 6-8 weeks and she was not
responding to prednisone and proglycem.  At any rate, the vet found only 1
tumor and removed it.  This is an experienced ferret vet.  Unfortunately,
he is also over 2 hours away.  So, now we are back at our regular vet and
her blood sugar is now 298!  Does anyone have any experience with this?
Any advice on helping her regulate her blood sugar?  She is still on
prednisone which we reduced today to .3mg once a day.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Jean