From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:42:14 -0600
The mounted ferret auction is nauseating.  I can understand how some
people have their personal pets stuffed that they have grown attached to,
(I personally think it's a bit too creepy for myself) but to auction off
the stuffed body of a ferret for $100???  (75 plus 25 for shipping)  It's
just sad.  I don't think the auctioneer will change his (yes, I'm
assuming it has to be a male doing this) practices no matter how much
email he receives on the issue.  It's like those poor stuffed deer heads
that people have mounted.  There will always be some sick soul out there
willing to buy them.  I noticed his auction ended without any bids, so
hopefully he will be discouraged from trying to auction stuffed ferrets
on ebay again.

My 7 year old son (Adrian) is in a German club and in a Spanish club
after school (Chess club too- poor thing I just hope he isn't one of
those kids that gets beat up for being a nerd ...)  Anyway, the German
and Spanish clubs are more focused on culture than teaching language
and we were wondering if there are any ferret owners with children in
German/Spanish speaking countries (Or anywhere else even) that would like
to be "pen pals" (not sure what the Internet equivalent to a pen pal
is...)  He would really enjoy talking with other kids that have ferrets
and learning about other places.  (and he's itching for any excuse to use
the new computer more often ...)  His email is [log in to unmask] or
you can email me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks
Melissa