Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:31:21 -0500
Hello to Everyone on the FML

I just signed up for the FML a couple of days ago.  My name is Gerard.  I
purchased two baby ferrets at a pet store on November 15.  I have a red
eye albino aka Snowy and a sable aka Bandit.  They are both females.  They
were about six weeks old when I purchased them.  They are from path valley
farms.  The heart breaking part was their crying while sleeping which was
most probably due to the separation of the mother.  That lasted for about
5 nights.  Needless to say I didnt sleep those nights.  I was constantly
watching and feeding them.

I did so much researching on ferrets before buying them but it still didnt
make me feel totally ready once I got them home.  I also found a vet before
hand.  I found the FML archive before buying my ferrets which was very
helpful.  I would like to thank everyone for all of your articles on the
archive.  I also would like to thank the moderator for creating the FML.
I think it is fantastic.

I have had several pets in the past but this experience with ferrets is
totally different.  I have had birds, a turtle, and a dog.

I know this topic has been brought up a million times but I would like
everyone who has time if they could email me about what types of natural
food you give your ferrets.  I don't want to start a debate just need
information.  I was wondering what your ferrets like and don't like and
any problems you or your ferrets had with food.  I went to the veterinary
department at my University and there are still no books on ferret
nutrition.  As of right now I give my ferrets cooked chicken, beef, and
turkey.  A little bit of grapes and berries as treats.  Once in a while a
little cooked broccoli mixed in with chicken.  When I had my dog we gave
him pet food.  Now I am trying something different.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I wish everyone and their
fuzzies A Very Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year.  I know its a little
early. :)  Bandit and Snowy say hello to everyone on the FALL.

Take Care.
Sincerely,
Gerard, Bandit, Snowy