From:
Ronald Sims <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:42:48 -0500
Peace to one and all.

First, I believe that all of God's creatures will be waiting for us in
heaven.

Reasons: 1.  According to the Book of Genesis (the first Book of Moses in
the Torah), is the Creation story.  It does not matter the length of day
nor the time period involved.  It states that God Created.  Each thing
God created was GOOD.  Then comes the story about man falling from grace,
because of man's inability to obey God.  But, remember, only mankind fell
from from grace because of his own sins.  All other creatures have not
sinned.  Only man knows right from wrong.  All other animals respond to
training according to what man desires (when I say man, this means
species, not gender).  Therefore, only man is subject to judgment.

2. In the New Testament, the Gospel according to St. Matthew, Chapter 5,
(in the Christian Bible) also known as The Sermon on the Mount, Jesus
said that "our Heavenly Father knows when even a sparrow falls from the
sky, and are you not more important than the sparrow?"  Why would God
even take notice of a sparrow falling, if it meant nothing to Him?

Based on Scripture, I believe that our beloved pets will be waiting for
us in Heaven, for the Great Creator gave life to all living things and
since life originated with Him, then that life must return to Him.

Now for those who do not believe in God, in any way, shape or form, then
let us look at this through the eyes of a scientist.

According to Physics, Energy can neither created nor destroyed by any
ordinary means, it can only change form (I hope that I remembered that
axiom correctly).  Therefore, based on this statement, Life, which is a
form of energy, cannot be destroyed, only change form.  Thus, life does
not cease to exist, it only takes on another form (perhaps the spiritual
form?).

I know that these are my beliefs, and I know many clergy feel the same
(although there are some who disagree by stating that animals have no
soul.  I did not say a soul, but a spirit does exist).  And I know that I
will not convert anyone to my beliefs, I can only share them with you and
hopefully bring you comfort over the physical end of your beloved fuzzy's
life.  I know that I shall see my beloved fuzzies, canines and felines
again at the Rainbow Bridge.  And I pray that I shall be able to meet
Sandee as well.

May the Peace of God which surpasses all human understanding be and abide
with you all.

Rev.  Ronald L.  Sims, D.D.  and family: 3 hooman-beans owned by 6
fuzzies, 4 canines, 4 felines and 2 fish