From:
collyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 18:50:31 +1200
Well, Bob finally got to the right place after ringing me and asking
directions only to discover an hour or so later that he was actually
in the wrong town to be visiting me and he should have been visiting
someone else.

Well. He has been a bit light on sleep and running around like a ferret
looking for a raisin. But it was very nerve wracking for me as I suffer
from severe anxiety and visiting people and having visitors is a great
trial to me.

But I have admired Bob for many years, reading his fml writings and
reading his stories and following some of his ferret practices like
food and lots of things for them to do and keeping natural lighting
etc, and actually meeting Bob Church is something I never thought
possible and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

As it was he was supposed to visit the day after that mishap, but rung
me in despair and so I let him off and said Friday would be fine. He
was chuffed and said he would be here around noon. lol Yes, very funny.
We are running on "Bob Time", remember.

No, I have to be fair, he would have been here on time only there were
a lot of road works going on and some very very curvaceous parts, also
with road repair happening and in fact he almost got shoved right off
the road at one stage by a big truck. He was a little horrified that
this truck should want his side of the road as well as it's own,
considering we are all daft and travel on the wrong side of the road
anyway. lol

Bob sat here for awhile telling me a bit about himself and telling some
jokes, trying to put me a ease I think, but even though I tried to be
calm I was a frightful mess on the inside. Good lord, here's my ferret
guru, zoologist, archiologist ferret man sitting in my dining room
talking sh*t with me. Flippen heck. A bit too much really.

He has got an awesome sense of humor as most will agree, he can be a
wee bit loopy. Specially with bugger all sleep. He has enormous
stamina. He drinks water like it's the last he'll get for a fortnight.
If he doesn't watch it he'll go rusty.

We went out to see the ferret bugs and he was absolutely wrapped with
my caging system and diet. He checked the bugs over and they were in
Bob good health. Teeth fine and no swollen bits or hair loss or bits
that shouldn't be present. One boy doesn't like to be scruffed too much
and did the helicopter thing chewed on the dna brush and tried to bite
the calipers but all went well really.

I got a big pat on the back from BOB CHURCH, I was a happy lady.

After the important dna part was taken care of Bob proceeded to run
off about 6 films. What a crazy man.

He took lots of photos of the converted glasshouse I use for their main
cage, and all the tubes that link the other seven cages to it. There is
a nice big sleep/play cage, a water cage, a sand cage, another 3 story
play cage, a long play cage, a tree/wood filled cage to encourage
climbing and a ping pong ball cage. I have another two smallish cages
I'm going to join together and add that as well. As yet I haven't
thought of a theme for that one. Might dig some big clods of dirt
complete with grass and put in those so they can dig.But if anyone has
any better ideas, do please let me know. Anything will be considered.
lol

I feel so honoured to have met the man who has dramatically influenced
the way I care for my ferrets. Bob is a kind, relaxed, funny, daft and
down to earth person who I would really love the opportunity to meet
with again sometime. Anytime you are about Bob. Thank you for the
honour of checking my ferrets and being apart of my life.

Cheers,
lov Colleen, Iktis, Blossom and Tzar.

Oh, and Kevin really enjoyed your company too Bob, even if it was just
before you left when he met you. lol And has said, inspite of the
ferret thing, you are welcome to come and stay anytime.And I agree.
Mmmmm, could be dangerous though. Besides the Tui, Could get you on
the home brew. I make my own spirits.What spirits do you like. lol

Collyferret "Up in Smoke" Pyrography
http://www.freewebs.com/collyferret/