From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:13:05 +0000
Hi, me again.  Forever full of questions.

When I brought my ferrets home, I originally bought Iams kitten food.
After reading a ferret magazine or two, my husband decided that they
should be eating ferret food.  I'd heard mention of Marshall ferret food,
so thought I'd give that a try.  We were at a Pet Supplies Plus, where
they had large bags of Marshall's for $3.00 or more a pound, and they had
a bulk container labeled as "marshall's ferret diet" for $2.00 a pound.
I bought the $2.00 a pound stuff.  Initially, they seemed to like it,
but seem to like the Iams better, so I'm still mixing the two.  Usually,
there is more Marshall's left in the bowl than Iams.  So, in my travels,
I was at another Pet Supplies Plus.  (So far, been to three in Cleveland
area).  They also had a bin labeled as being Marshall's, but wasn't the
same as the Marshall's I'd been buying.  So, since I never bought the
prepackaged variety, I'm not sure that what I bought is really
Marshall's.  Can someone describe the Marshall's food?  What I have is
small, 1/4" or so dark brown cylinder shaped pellets.  The other
"Marshall's" was longer light brown or tan cylinder shaped pellets.
Can someone suggest a good ferret food?

Alayne