Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 1994 11:46:04 -0400
Cheryl, I sincerely hope that your ferret has a complete and
uneventful recovery. I don't think that MF was out of line in their
offer to help you out. They have never required that a ferret be put
to sleep for it to be "replaced". The store was instructed to give you
another ferret at no charge or $99. towards your vet bill. Of course
no one sees it as a toaster. The toaster would have to be returned for
a replacement. It just isn't the same thing to anyone selling a live
being. Their intention's were honorable. Did anyone from the store
tell you what you had to return your ferret? Or just to bring in a
vet's letter and copy of the bill? If they did request that the ferret
be returned I want to tell you that the store I've worked in for the
past eight years does not have a policy like that. Take the $99.
unless you want to own two ferrets(VBG). It costs MF or the store more
to do it that way. ........Gail`[32;40m  Rainbow V 1.25