From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:01:45 -0400
I want to thank all of you who've been so generous with your recipes,
advice and good wishes for my little Alfalfa.  I received so many responses
to my plea for help that I haven't been able to thank everyone personally
yet, but I want you all to know that I do appreciate them.  This is list is
such a great resource!

I'm writing from work (my modem at home died) so this will be brief.  As
you may remember, I wrote on Monday that after Al's adrenal surgery on
Friday (the 6th), he was initially OK, but went downhill over the weekend
and was still very lethargic, not eating, and pooping green slime on
Monday.  Al started to improve on Tuesday, and today the vet says he may be
able to come home Friday evening.  Yeah!  (must have been the duck soup!)

We've been visiting him as often as possible, feeding him duck soup and
whatever else he will eat.  His appetite has improved a lot.  He's been
eating mostly his regular kibble (TF) for the last day or so, and his poops
have firmed up and are brown again.  We brought Clover, his best ferret
buddy, to see him last night.  He was a little sleepy, but was walking
around normally, bright-eyed, and seemed very happy to see Clover.  I heard
that he was a real terror during his morning exam today (that's my Al!).

Thank you all so much for your help and good wishes!  I'll be sure to keep
you posted on Al's progress.

Nancy Farlow